Color Saturation is Real with Kris Matte Matic Lipstick and Blush


Filipino celebrities are also starting to either collaborate with big cosmetics companies or put up their own cosmetic product line. This is great since they, being Filipinos themselves, know the colors and hues that complement the Filipino complexion as well as the usual skin problems that Filipinos experience. I purchased Maybelline Color Sensational Powder Mattes Lipstick in "Make Me Blush" from BeautyMNL last December thinking the color was a nude with maybe a reddish-brown hue. Unfortunately, the color was more of a peach or coral color. Only a number of Pinays can carry this color; one of them being Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray. I decided to give the lipstick instead to my mom since she's fair and can rock that color. 

While everyone was getting ready for Valentine's Day, I was busy with online shopping. Lazada Philippines had a Blooming Day Cosmetics sale and I was hoping to get lucky with a good deal. And I did get a good deal... I was able to buy lipstick and blush from Kris Aquino's "Kris Life Kit" makeup collaboration with Ever Bilena for 60% off since it was her birthday. Kris Aquino is the daughter of former Philippine President, "Mother of Democracy" Cory Aquino, sister of Former Philippine President NoyNoy Aquino, and an actress and talk show host. She played a small part in "Crazy Rich Asians" as Princess Intan. Because of her long list of accolades, I had high expectations for her cosmetics line and finally, I had my hands on 2 of her products. I bought one Kris Matte Matic Lipstick "Lucky" for 98 Pesos (just under $2USD) and one Kris Blush "First Love" for 78 Pesos ($1.50). A Kris Matte Matic Lipstick retails for 245 Pesos (~$5USD) while the Kris Blush costs 195 Pesos (~$4 USD) so I got a great deal.

The "Kris Life Kit" was said to have been created for every Filipina who laments her barely-there eyebrows or who is on the lookout for lipstick shades that complement her complexion. Now it's time to try the products that I got.

Packaging


Kris Matte Matic Lipstick comes in 7 colors: Life (Pink), Love (Red), and combination hues Loyal, Let Go, Learn, Laugh, and Lucky.

Kris Blush comes in 3 shades: First Love, Lasting Love, and New Love



The Kris Matte Matic Lipstick comes in a retractable "crayola" form with the name of the color printed largely at the end. It has a simple design with Kris' name printed on the black tube with little hearts and the cap and the retractable end is colored after the lipstick itself.

The Kris Blush comes in a small circular black compact with a clear lid with Kris' name printed on it. Kris' name is also engraved on the blush itself.

Color, Texture and Fragrance


According to Kris, "Color saturation is important." And it is true, the more vibrant or intense a color is, the more it stands out and the more it lasts.

Both products boast a rich deep color. The color "Lucky" is a plum or berry color. Upon opening, you can already see the purple hue of the shade. As for the blush, "First Love" is a candy pink color which reminds me of the color on a young girls's cheeks when she blushes in front of her crush.

Both have a smooth texture and are unscented. The lipstick, although when applied provides a matte finish, is moist and not powdery.

My Thoughts on Kris Matte Matic Lipstick in "Lucky" and Kris Blush in "First Love"



First of all, I'm what they consider as morena although I am not that dark nor am I fair- maybe somewhere in between. I typically use brown-based nudes and not pink-based nudes. "Lucky" from the picture on Lazada looked like a brownish nude. When it arrived, I was surprised to see that it had a purplish hue like plum. I felt a bit disappointed because this meant that if I put on too much, my lips might look like "halloween" lips and Halloween only comes once a year.

As for the blush, I liked the color but, I was doubtful if it could put some color on my cheeks. I started thinking that maybe I should have bought the "brighter" blush shade instead.

Screenshot grabbed from BeautyMNL.com. Compares colors on both a fair and morena Filipina.

When I tried the lipstick, I only put a little on my lips at first. It actually gave out a magenta-like color. When I put it on thick, the magenta came out more and I liked it. It actually goes with my complexion but, I decided it is much better worn at night if I apply it really thick. I can use it during the day but, I have to apply it lightly. Still, whether thick or light, it suited my skin color and that for me is a relief.
 I also tried some on my eyelids and it worked. It may be moist when you first apply the lipstick but you get a matte finish that is lightweight and non-powdery. Since it is matte, make sure to scrub your lips first. 😉

After blending some powder foundation on my face, I tried the blush. I dabbed a little and was surprised that only a little blush is needed to cover my cheek with a subtle pink glow. I loved it instantly. I don't like looking like I'm so made up. I enjoy a natural finish when using cosmetics. And this pink tint of "First Love" provides a natural pink glow.

Do I Recommend Kris Matte Matic Lipstick and Blush?


Yes I do. For Pinays like me, it is great when beauty products are made by our fellow kababayans because they understand what we need and know what problems we encounter. I enjoy looking for local brands. I know I still have a lot of brands to try. Even Vice Ganda's cosmetic line is on my list.

Color saturation is real. Kris' products are hyperpigmented and complements a Filipina's skin tone. Even if I don't usually use a plum-based hue, I liked it and will use my Kris Matte Matic Lipstick. The Kris Blush is now checked under my faves. Now, I just have to wait so, I can get more of Kris Life Kit products. Next on my list is the Kris Matte Brow Liner. As they say here in the Philippines, "Kilay (eyebrows) is life." And I am one of those Pinay moms that have overplucked eyebrows. With its 5-star rating on BeautyMNL, the brow liner is definitely on my list of must-get's.

Kris Life Kit products are available on Lazada and BeautyMNL.


Like this post? Pin it.



Comments

Popular Posts