The Health Benefits of Calamansi


The monsoon season is here and so are the common sicknesses we usually encounter with the bad weather. There's cough and colds and of course, the flu. I have been sick on and off for the past couple of months. My son has started school and we all know how contagious these little kids are. It just takes one sneeze and before you know it, every one is sick.

Take my case, I don't get much sleep. So, my immune system is really below par. I tried taking multivitamins, but they seem to have no effect. My cough would go away for a couple of weeks then after an activity, bam! I'd get hit with a bug again. One day, while I was waiting for my son to be dismissed from school, I saw a student head up to the school's canteen and overheard her say 'lemon juice'. I decided I should buy myself a bottle. The lady manning the canteen laughed when I asked for 'lemon juice'. Apparently, I heard wrong... the little girl bought 'calamansi juice'.

The Benefits of Calamansi 

Calamansi is known as the Philippine Lemon. You can find calamansi anywhere. It's a very popular condiment in a Filipino's kitchen and you can often see Filipinos adding it to their dips (sawsawan). The calamansi may be small, but it has many health benefits.

1. It is an immune system booster. Calamansi has good amounts of minerals and vitamins, especially vitamin C which is essential to building immunity. It provides immunity against viral and bacterial infections. Drinking this juice on a regular basis helps build immunity against the common cold, flu and fever.

2. Calamansi juice is legendary for its impact on weight loss, as it has the ability to not only boost the metabolism but also eliminate many of the toxins in the body that can contribute to fat storage.

By increasing metabolic speed, this juice can improve passive fat-burning throughout the day, while detoxifying the body will help all of your organ systems run more smoothly and function properly, aiding in calorie burning.  By reducing fat storage, you will have more usable energy and less adipose fat formation.  Many people drink a glass of calamansi juice every morning to stimulate the body and achieve weight-loss goals.

3. Calamansi can also help control cholesterol levels and also help lower your risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack and stroke.

4. Curiously enough, while calamansi is known for its acidic content, it can reportedly help lower acidity. Despite the high levels of citric and acidity of this fruit, many people drink it as a soothing substance for the stomach which throws light on the anti-inflammatory property of tannins from the rind of calamansi.

Calamansi can lower levels of inflammation when consumed in moderation, lower your risk of developing ulcers and protect you from acid reflux disease.

5. Here’s a good news for Filipinos who are susceptible to diabetes.  Calamansi has been found to help control diabetes.  A study cited in the International Journal of Science and Research has been done on the blood sugar-moderating effects of calamansi juice. It can help regulate the release of glucose and insulin into bloodstream, which is excellent news for those suffering from diabetes or those at risk of developing the disease.

6. When taken regularly, calamansi juice keeps the kidney healthy.  Regular intake of calamnsi juice reduces foul urine odor and lightens its color and also purifies the organs and detoxifies the colon.  It improves bowel movement and relieves constipation.

7. Vitamin C from this juice helps prevent tooth decay, bleeding gums, gingivitis or loosening of teeth. It helps remove stains and plaque.

8. Calamansi also increases collagen production.  Vitamin C, which calamansi is loaded, is a crucial element in collagen production, which is the compound needed to create every tissue, muscle fiber and cell in the body. Collagen acts as cement to bind loosely connected cells and tissues; this way, it is able to prevent signs of aging like wrinkles.

9. Calamansi juice can also tone and refine the skin when applied topically. The fruit also helps make the skin fairer, since it acts as a mild bleach.  The fruit extract can be applied to the affected area safely, without causing burning sensation or irritation.

My Final Thoughts

I have been buying a bottle of calamansi juice every day at my son's school for almost 3 weeks now and the cough I had before I started my daily regimen of calamansi juice is gone and has not come back. I buy a couple of extra bottles to take home with me for my son and his father. So far, no one has gotten sick. Thanks to calamansi! Earn free bitcoin

I suggest you get some calamansi juice too.
Cheers!


Comments

Popular Posts