Going Loco for Choco Vron Polvoron


When I first moved to the Philippines, I was introduced to a well-known Filipino sweet called pulburon (polvoron). While it may be a kind of shortbread in Spain, in the Philippines, it is sweetened powdered milk mixed with toasted flour to harden and molded into shapes then wrapped in colored wrapper. I remember my father buying loads of this stuff at Bulacan at one of the bus stops on our way to Northern Luzon. At first, I was a bit hesitant to try it. I mean, seriously, people eat powdered milk? But, after trying it, even if it leaves a whole lot of mess (powder every where), I just can't wait to swirl all that powdery goodness in my mouth.

Good thing I have discovered a way to enjoy pulburon without all that powder blowing every where, in miniature bite-sized pieces covered in yummy chocolate! Choco Vron


One thing about Choco Vron is that it is affordable. Back in the day, Goldilock's pulburon only cost One Peso each. With a budget of  20 Pesos, I could buy 5 and still be able to purchase a slice of cake or a bag of caramel popcorn. Now, it's quite expensive to buy the popular Goldilock's pulburon. With Choco Vron, you just need 60 Pesos (45 Pesos on Shopee), to enjoy 20 pieces of pulburon. I was able to purchase a couple of bags at the SM Mall closest to me.


Choco Vron comes in a variety of flavors. My favorite is the Cookies and Cream flavor. The pulburon pieces are individually wrapped so you can bring some with you, just in case you have a craving. And don't worry...you and the kiddies will never leave a mess.

So what are you waiting for? Get yourself a bag today and go loco for Choco Vron Chocolate-covered pulburon! I am!

Don't forget to Pin it!


Comments

Popular Posts