Smooth Feet Made Easy with PureDerm Shiny & Soft Foot Peeling Mask



I want to be that type of person who can always DIY it but, sometimes certain ingredients or items needed for a specific project are either hard to find or expensive. Take the case of the DIY foot peel made up of aspirin and lemon juice. Seems pretty simple, but lemons and aspirin aren't a standard thing here in the Philippines and that means my DIY foot peel which should be more economical will likely break the budget. So, I decided to buy a chemical foot peel online. And I found one for 60 Pesos ($1.05). That's the price of 2 lemons. 

Purederm is a foot peel from South Korea. It contains lactic acid, salicylic acid, glycolic acid and lemon juice. All the chemicals that are needed for an effective foot peel. Since my tootsies have been worn down and scrubbing wasn't helping, a chemical peel was the only solution.


PureDerm comes with 2 white plastic booties which you have to cut open (make sure to wash your hands after so you won't get any acid in your face or skin). After cutting the booties open, fold the them inward to keep the liquid from spilling out. Before putting them on, make sure you have washed your feet. I recommend soaking them first in hot water. This will help soften rough skin so, it can soak up all that acid.


The packet says to keep the booties on for 60-90 minutes but, I kept mine on for 2 hours. I didn't feel any stinging but, it did feel warm. I put on some socks so the booties wouldn't fall off. After the 2 hours were up, I washed my feet clean of the chemicals. The skin felt tight which was a sign for me that the chemicals did their work.

Peeling should commence roughly around 4 days. My feet started peeling after 2 days. To help facilitate the peeling, soak your feet in hot water every day. After soaking your feet in hot water, you'll see the skin bubble up and open to peel. I know you shouldn't peel the skin off and just try to scub it off with a pumice stone but, I couldn't help it. Once the skin would bubble up, I would take a pair of small scissors and cut it off. The new skin would always come out wet like from a blister. 

Since this is a drastic procedure, make sure to moisturize your feet. I recommend aloe vera, cocoa butter, or even vaseline. If you don't have any of those, a body cream or lotion will do. Moisturize after taking a bath during the day and before going to bed.

Peeling should last about 10 days. If you are shy to go out with peeling feet, use
 closed shoes. 

PureDerm is an inexpensive way to get smooth feet (it's even cheaper than a foot spa). You just have to endure the sight of peeling feet and some shedding on your beddings. 

Cheers to smooth feet! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms around the world!

PureDerm Foot Peel is available at Shopee.

Need this post as a reference? Pin it.


Comments

Popular Posts